These meringues are crisp on the outside — marshmallowy on the inside — and are covered in chocolate. What a perfect combination! Am I right?
Chocolate Swirl Meringues
Airy meringues swirled with chocolate make for a delicious treat!
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp vinegar white or apple cider
- 4 oz chocolate melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 275f.
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk and whip until stiff peaks hold and meringue does not slide out when bowl is turned upside.. Gradually add in both sugars and then vanilla and vinegar.Whip until meringue holds stiff and glossy peaks.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of meringue. Spoon out and drop mixture onto parchment lined bake sheet.
- Bake meringue for about 30-40 minutes or until meringue easily peels away from parchment paper.