What could be more comforting than a baked potato, chicken pot pie?! Nothing. I like the idea of a loaded baked potato but I find myself craving more filling… my solution? Add those potatoes to a creamy chicken pot pie filling. Finish it off with a sprinkling of cheese and a dusting of parsley. The parsley should make it “healthy,” right? Click here for the chicken pot pie recipe. Depending on the size of your potatoes and the amount you’ve scooped out, this recipe will make about 12 servings.
A delicious, wholesome dish.
- 1 yellow medium, diced
- 5 Russet potatoes medium-large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups carrots, cooked chopped
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- chicken stock
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup pearl onions
Preheat oven to 300F. Clean the potatoes, pierce with a fork all over to allow steam to escape, and place on a baking sheet.
You can rub the potatoes with olive oil but that's not necessary.
Bake for about 90 minutes.
- Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle, slice a wedge out and scoop out inside.
- I like as much filling as possible so I went right to the skin but if you want more baked potato just scoop less!
- Fill the potatoes up and sprinkle with cheese, I chose a nice aged cheddar, then pop back into the oven for about 5 minutes at 400F.
- I finished off with some coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley.