Browned butter, vanilla, roasted almonds and fresh apricots make for an amazing combination. You need to try this one out! When you do, let me know how it goes. Curious to hear your thoughts.
Apricot, Almond and Brown Butter Tart
Apricot, Almond and Brown Butter.... what else could you want?
For the Crust:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chilled unsalted butter 2 sticks, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups quartered apricots
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
For the Dough:
- Mix the yolk and cream.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Pulse the cold butter and the dry ingredients in a food processor until you get small crumbs.
- Add the yolk mixture and stir until it has combined.
- Divide mixture into two portions, form into disks and wrap in plastic.
- Chill or at least an hour.
- Roll out your chilled dough.
- Press dough into tart form.
- Trim Edge.
- Press tip of fork into the base of the pastry dough.
- Add foil and weights.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 then remove foil and bake another 30 minutes.
- Add foil and weights. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pits and quarter apricots.
- Brown butter over medium heat.
- Add vanilla and butter.
- Pulse almonds and sugar until finely ground.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add butter and mix.
- Pour mixture into Tart shell. Add apricots.
- Bake at 325F for 40-50 minutes