When apples are in season you need to make this easy apple tart filled and topped with Baileys Apple Pie. This is a perfect dessert to make ahead and then assemble when you’re ready for an autumnal treat.
How to Make a Baileys Apple Tart
Thaw your puff pastry on the counter until just soft enough to unwrap, about 20 minutes. While that thaws warm your apple pie filling in a large pan over low heat and pour in 1/2 cup Baileys Apple Pie. Stir in and cook for a minute then remove from heat and set aside.
Unfold and roll out the puff pastry then cut into 4 inch squares. Carefully score a smaller square inside each piece leaving a 3/4 inch border around the edge. You should be cutting halfway to three quarters of the way through the dough. Dock the inner square of each piece with a fork then bake for about 10 minutes at 400F.
Fill your tarts with a large portion of apple pie filling then top with ice cream and drizzle more Baileys over them. For thicker sauce to pour over you can whisk 1 cup of Baileys Apple Pie with 2 tsp corn starch over low heat in a small pot.
Pro Tips for this Recipe
- Everyone’s oven is a bit different so keep an eye on the puff pastry. It goes from perfectly golden to burnt quickly. When you score the puff pastry and dock the middle you’re letting the border rise up while tamping down the center. Try to cut about half to three quarters of the way through, A small sharp knife really helps.
- I always use my homemade apple pie filling but you can definitely use store-bought for a quick and easy treat.
- These tarts are Great with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle and a lot of Baileys over that. Have fun with additions you enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make the tarts different sizes?
Of course! You can make minis or a big 10 inch tart and cut it at the table. Different shapes like circles and even hearts are fun too.
Can I cook the Baileys down to thicken it?
Yes! Try adding two teaspoons of cornstarch to the Baileys then simmer while whisking until thickened. This will give you a great thick drippy consistency.
What spices can I add to my apple pie filling?
Try grating in some nutmeg, adding a 1/4 teaspoon of allspice or pinch of cardamom to bring some more depth of flavor to your filling.
If you’ve tried this Baileys Apple Tart recipe then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Baileys Apple Tart
- Baking Sheet
- Rolling Pin
- 2 sheets Puff pastry frozen
- apple pie filling
- 1 1/2 cup Baileys Apple Pie
- 2 tsp corn starch optional
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400F then lightly flour a surface. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry.
- Using a ruler, trim the pastry into a 4 inch square.
- Transfer to a squares baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Score the dough about 3/4 inch from the edge. Be careful not to cut all the way through the dough.
- Using a fork, pierce the inside of the scored square all over, this will keep it from puffing up too much.
- Bake the shell for about 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Use a spoon to lightly press the centers if puffed then fill your tart shells with Apple pie filling.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream then drizzle each tart with Baileys Apple Pie and serve! If you'd like a thicker sauce to pour over then mix on cup of Baileys Apple Pie with 2 tsp corn starch in a small pot over lot heat. Cook until thickened while whisking.