There are so many delicious things you can bake when you have some pastry dough waiting for you in the refrigerator. In a previous post, I made three batches of a versatile pastry dough and set two aside for later. Today I get to make a delicious fruit tart in about a third of the time! Let me know what you think of it.
Blueberry Apple Tart
Blueberries, apples, and a flakey homemade pastry crust... what more could you want from a dessert?
For the Crust
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ice water
For the Filling
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 apples peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Place your chilled dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a rough circle. Set your oven to 400f.
- Transfer your dough to a tart form and press and trim. Use a fork to create some venting holes.
- Cover your tart in parchment paper and then pour in your metal baking beans. These will provide the weight needed to keep your pastry crust from bubbling up.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, remove from oven and take weights and parchment off then replace in oven for another 8 minutes.
- Mix blueberries, apple, lemon juice, sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Top pastry crust with filling and place in oven.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes at 400f.
- Allow to cool briefly...
- Serve with a generous dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!