Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies! They’re maybe the best thing ever… Agree? Disagree? Either way these cookies are pretty terrific!
A Few Notes
- I made mini versions with only a teaspoon or dough because I lack portion control and love the crunch but you can make them much larger for a softer chewy center.
- Add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar if you have a serious sweet tooth. Lots of cookies make me feel sick after a few bites as they are just so rich and sugary so I love these as is but some of you definitely want a sweeter treat!
- Use any of your favorite nuts for these cookies. I prefer pecans or walnuts but the world is your oyster here!
These are just about perfect with a glass of milk if you ask me!
Steps to Make These Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until it is light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and give it a mix.
- Stir the flour and cocoa mixture into the but butter mixture until it is well blended.
- Pour the chocolate chips in the mixture.
- Roughly chop up the nuts, add them in and mix everything together.
- Take the dough in teaspoon-sizes, round them up and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool them slightly on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
If you’ve tried these cookies then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delectable double chocolate chip cookies, imbedded with chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts. These tasty bite size cookies are the perfect treat for all you chocolate lovers out there!
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups four
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!