Sometimes you need an extra-special treat in the morning. These amazing chocolate donuts are topped with a maple, bourbon glaze that is INSANELY good. Drizzled with a homemade salted caramel…what more could you want? Mmmmm…
For the Caramel:2) Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
An innovative twist on a classic dessert.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso optional
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tbs bourbon
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tbs butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the egg, softened butter, sour cream, milk, vanilla and vinegar.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the large bowl while mixing on low until just combined.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add the mix to a greased donut pan, filling 1/2 to 2/3 the way up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350.
- Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- Whisk all ingredients together. If you don't want any alcohol you can substitute more maple syrup in or even milk.
Recipe courtesy of UrbanBakes.com