These donuts are a crowd pleaser. I love that I don’t have to break out a deep fryer, too! I went for chocolate-chocolate, but you can easily modify this recipe to make any number of flavor variations. They are basically cupcakes with a glaze instead of mounds of frosting. Yum!
Fast, easy and delicious baked chocolate donuts make for a must bake treat!
For the Donut:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted don't pack it in!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbs unsalted butter melted until just browned
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- big pinch salt
- 3 to 4 tbs whole milk
- 2 tbs pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkles optional
For the Donut:
- Preheat oven to 325f
- In a medium bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- Give the dry ingredients a mix
- In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients
- Pour wet into dry
- whisk just until combined
- Your bater is ready for the mould! Don't forget to spray the pan if you aren't using something nonstick.
- Bake at 325f for 10 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack.
For the Glaze:
- For the glaze combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar, whisk thoroughly.
- Once the donuts have cooled dip and eat!
- Add sprinkles if desired.
adapted from Joy the Baker