I love holiday cookies but I hate the stress of getting “the perfect” cookie! This is mostly a concert with cutout sugar cookies since they’re supposed to lacking in any darker “burnt” parts. And don’t get me started on cookies spreading out in the oven; oh boy…. Anyhow this I why I love easy breezy cookies like this. You make the dough, chill it, scoop it out then plop onto a baking sheet and voila! Tasty treats! If you are a peppermint fan then go ahead and add a teaspoon of peppermint extract into the dough along with the vanilla. It you’re not a fan then skip the extract altogether and substitute the crushed candy cane for toasted walnuts of pecans!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies:
Delicious chocolate cookies with white chocolate drizzle and crushed peppermint!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup white chocolate
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and the 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips. Stir constantly until just melted. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes to slightly cool.
Beat chocolate mixture with sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Add the cocoa powder, flour and salt. Mix on medium speed until combined. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop cookies.
Pour crushed candy canes into a small dish, press cookie dough balls into the peppermint and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Melt white chocolate and peppermint exact, transfer to a piping bag. Drizzle over cookies.