This easy and delicious chicken pasta recipe has lots of garlic, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley on a bed of orzo.
Spring has almost sprung! I couldn’t be more excited. Longer days, blooming flowers, warmer weather and fruitful opportunities to make new, delicious dishes. I stocked up on some amazing heirloom tomatoes and decided to make a scrumptious sauce with onions and garlic. What better way to start a weekend than a chicken pasta dish?
Honestly, I hadn’t even planned on making this a post BUT it was so tasty I couldn’t help but share! I toasted some pine nuts, chopped some parsley and added a sprinkle of Parmesan to complete the dish? did I mention that it’s in a bed of orzo? It’s my Favorite pasta! Bon Appétit ?
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 5 Cups Heirloom tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2/3 Cup Italian parsley chopped
- 1/3 Cup Toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 3 Chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cup cooked orzo
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shredded
- In a large pan cook the onions with a few tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste until translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook on low heat until lightly browned. Make sure to stir throughout. Add the tomatoes to the pan and continue to stir occasionally and cook until tender.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. I use Spike seasoning as well. Cook the chicken on medium-high in several batches so the pan is not over crowded. Chicken should be lightly browned.
- Add chicken to the tomato sauce and place in oven at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with orzo, top with parsley, pine nuts and Parmesan.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!