This ghostly bundt cake is the perfect confection for a spooky Halloween. I have to admit that the best part — aside from eating it — was pouring the sugar glaze on top and watching the ghost appear before my eyes. While I used a bundt cake mix from Williams Sonoma, it tastes homemade! Do you agree?
If you want to bake from scratch then link over to my vanilla bean bundt cake recipe Here.
A "ghoulish" cake that's a crowd pleaser!
- 1 box Williams-Sonoma Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whisk together the eggs and water until combined.
- Place the mix in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment
- On medium speed beat in the egg mixture.
- Add the melted butter.
- Beat just until combined and smooth making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the batter into the bold, distributing evenly.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Slice the top off of the cakes so they can be joined together cleanly.
- Spread a buttercream icing on one side.
- Join the two halves together and clean excess icing from the edges. Chill for at least 10 minutes to allow the icing to set.
- Pour and brush on the sugar glaze.
- To make glaze whisk together 2 cups of confectioner's sugar with 2 teaspoons vanilla and up to 1/2 a cup of milk until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Use the brush to clean up any unwanted drips.
- This ghoulish cake is ready to cut!