Delicious layers of crispy filo dough, blackberries, stone fruit and a honey butter glaze. Simple but savory. It’s too good not to try! Don’t you agree?
Tasty tarts that make your day.
- Brush pan with melted butter. Onto one sheet of the folio dough with butter. Repeat. You'll want to build it up with a few numbers of layers.
- Bake in oven at 275 for 5-8 minutes.
- Cut fruit into uniform slices. Feel free to cut fruit with different shaped cookie cutters. FYI the fruit shavings make for great snacks and smoothies!
- Mix melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice, brown sugar and honey.
- Pour over fruit and gently toss.
- Arrange fruit onto folio dough.
- Pour excess fruit over fruit. Bake at 300F for about 25 minutes.
- Pipe meringue. Don't forget to torch!
- Beat the egg whites and of sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a medium saucepan add the remaining sugar and water then place on low heat.
- Stir until sugar melts and becomes clear.
- Maintain at medium high heat until temperature reads 235-240F.
- Drizzle the sugar into the mixer immediately.
- Run mixer until merengue is cool/tepid.
- Pile onto cooled pie. If the meringue looses its silky consistency run the mixer for a few seconds to revive it.
- Don't forget to torch the meringue!
20-24 sheets phyllo dough
8 tablespoons melted butter, divided
4 peaches sliced and cut into stars*
4 nectarines sliced and cut into stars*
1 pint blackberries
1/4 cup honey + more for drizzling
2 tablespoons vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup granulated or caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar