It’s basically REALLY HOT today so instead of turning the oven on, I made these no-bake lemon cheesecake bars! The cookie crust, creamy cheesecake middle and zingy lemon curd made for a great combo. Cool and refreshing for a scorching weekend. Yum! Am I right?
A refreshing treat with a tart kick.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (without pulp) from about 3 large or 4 medium oranges
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 12 cookies I used lemon butter cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1 14- ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Candied lemons optional
Crush the cookies in a ziplock baggie.
Stir in the melted butter.
Press into foil-lined pan, then chill.
Mix cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
Add lemon zest.
Smooth the mixture into the pan and chill.
Cut into even slices.
Candied lemons are optional.