Peach and Cherry Pie, Oh MY!
Peach and Cherries, oh my!
- In a food processor pulse the flour and butter until the butter is pea-sized.
- Slowly drizzle in the water until a ball starts forming.
- Remove onto a floured surface and roll into a ball.
- Place in fridge for 30-60 minutes to rest
- Roll out and transfer to pie pan.
- Trim edges and cover in parchment paper.
- Cover in pie weights or beans.
- Cover edge in tin foil
Bake at 425F for about 10 minutes.
- Remove weights and paper and poke with fork all over.
- Add egg wash to crust's perimeter
Boil the peaches for one minute to loosen the skins.
Allow time to cool. Cut into quarters. Remove pit.
Cut cherries in half and remove pits.
Place in a large bowl and toss with sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla.
Place fruit inside pie crust. Top your lattice.
Bake for about 45 minutes at about 400 degrees.