Peach and Cherry Pie, Oh MY!
Peach and Cherry Pie
Peach and cherries in a pie, oh my!
For the Crust:
- In a food processor pulse the flour and butter until the butter is pea-sized.
- Slowly drizzle in the water until a ball starts forming.
- Remove onto a floured surface and roll into a ball.
- Place in fridge for 30-60 minutes to rest
- Roll out and transfer to pie pan.
- Trim edges and cover in parchment paper.
- Cover in pie weights or beans.
- Cover edge in tin foil
Bake at 425F for about 10 minutes.
- Remove weights and paper and poke with fork all over.
- Add egg wash to crust's perimeter
For the Filling:
Boil the peaches for one minute to loosen the skins.
Allow time to cool. Cut into quarters. Remove pit.
Cut cherries in half and remove pits.
Place in a large bowl and toss with sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla.
Place fruit inside pie crust. Top your lattice.
Bake for about 45 minutes at about 400 degrees.