Peonies are my favorite flower but they’re only in season for a short time. So sad. These cupcakes — however — can enchant the eye, anytime!
A beautiful dessert.
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 drop pink food coloring a very small drop
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles at the very end and mix at little as possible.
- Divide the mixture into cupcake papers
- Bake at 340 for about 25 minutes or until the centers are springy to the touch. Baking time depends on the size of your cupcakes
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy, add the sugar a cup at a time and beat well. Mix in cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Separate the buttercream into two batches and mix in the pink food coloring into one batch.
- Attach a 126 tip to a piping bag and fill bag with both colors of buttercream.
- Use a spatula to create a cone of buttercream on the cupcake.
- Pipe a cone onto the cupcake. (sharp side of tip facing up)
- Create the rose by making small arcs with the tip, which gradually increase in size as you get toward the edge of the flower.
- Use a buttercream base.
- Ateco 401 tip.
- Wilton 125 tip.
Ateco 401 tip used for the inside and for the outer petals a Wilton 125.