I added 1/3 cup of crushed candy cane to this recipe but you should feel free to sprinkle in some more in. It liquifies in the oven and forms these ultra-moist pockets in the batter; so good! Watch the bake time carefully. Any time you use a smaller mold the baking time is decreased and the risk of having an over-baked, dry cake is doubled 😱 No one likes dry cake! If you HATE peppermint then go ahead and substitute toffee chips or nuts for the candy cane and skip the peppermint extract or swap it out for vanilla or almond extract.
Mini vanilla bundt cakes filled with gooey pockets of peppermint and covered in a minty glaze.
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed candy cane
- 2/3 whole milk
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint oil
Preheat to 360 degrees F. Grease and flour a mini bundt pan.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, then mix in sugar.
- Add in vanilla and sour cream. Mix until creamy.
- Mix in egg whites slowly, then mix on medium until combined.
- Alternate adding milk and flour. Add baking soda and mix until batter is fully combined.
- Fold in crushed candy cane. Do not overmix.
Spoon batter into bundt pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Sift confectioners sugar into a bowl.
- Add milk and peppermint and mix.
Transfer glaze to a piping bag.
Drizzle glaze over bundts
Sprinkle with crushed candy cane