I love a good salad, not a sad salad with frozen iceberg lettuce and tasteless tomatoes! The dressing I made was really nice, so even if you don’t want to make this salad go ahead and shake that dressing up! Fresh raspberries, champagne vinegar, thyme and honey make for a delicious combination! As long as you keep the raspberries and vinaigrette this salad is modifiable any way you like. Trade out the greens for your favorite, substitute toasted pecans for almond slivers or throw some homemade croutons in. It’s all delicious as long as the ingredients are fresh.
I love cherry tomatoes when they’re in season! Paired with creamy avocado and crunchy almonds they make for an amazing salad! I could have this with my curried butternut squash soup, some french bread and be completely sated! If you don’t have champagne vinegar handy, white wine vinegar works just as well. No lemon thyme? Regular fresh thyme is fine too!
- In a double boiler, steam the beets at a rolling boil for about 30 minutes or until they become tender. When done, transfer to cold water and peel off the skin. Slice and add to the salad.
- Slice the tomatoes. Chop up the lemon thyme. Arrange all of the salad ingredients in a bowl with the mixed greens.
- In a mason jar, add vinegar.
- Toss in the chopped lemon thyme.
- Add salt.
- Add raspberries.
- Slice an avocado.
- Pour in olive oil.
- Shake the dressing. Toss the salad a desired amount of dressing.
An easy, refreshing salad featuring fresh raspberries and beautiful candy beets.
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 6 oz Cherry tomatoes 551ml
- 2- 4 chioggio beets
- 2 oz Sliced Almonds
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
- 6 oz fresh raspberries 170g
- 2 avocados medium-large
- 2-4 Raspberries
- 1 sprig lemon thyme
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ¼ cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
In a mason jar, combine all of the ingredients.
Shake up the mixture. Set aside.
In a double boiler, steam the beets at a rolling boil for about 30 minutes or until they become tender. When done, transfer to cold water and peel off the skin. Slice and add to the salad.
Slice the tomatoes and avocados. Chop up the lemon thyme.
Arrange all of the salad ingredients in a bowl with the mixed greens.
Toss with a desired amount of dressing.