Super-cute cupcakes that you can make with drugstore gummy candy. It’s always a good time to have the luck of the Irish on your side. These shamrock cupcakes are really fun to make and perfect for St. Patrick’s day. You can use any of your favorite cupcake recipes but the one I attached it sooo moist and great, hope you try it out.
The perfect St. Paddy's day treat!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweet
- 1.5 cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs large
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- peppermint leaf candy
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar green
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Add papers to a cupcake pan.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl. Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix thouroughly. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla and milk.
While mixing on low speed add the wet ingredients to teh dry and mix until just combined.
Scoop the batter into cupcake papers filling 2/3 the way up.
- Bake at for about 15-20 min or until golden.
- Let cool.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the confectioners' sugar.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
Roll out peppermint leaf candies. Cut into heart shapes. Pinch the edges and join together. Arrange into a clover. Add a stem and a swirl on buttercream. Sprinkle sanding sugar.
A perfect St. Patrick’s day cupcake.