Fresh strawberries, buttercream, and the vanilla cake make for about the best dessert ever… just in time for spring!!! Too good.
Strawberries and cake... what else could you want?
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 240g
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter 170g
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream 120ml
- 1/2 cup milk 120ml
- 3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2-3 tbs cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- Add dry ingredients in a large bow. Whisk.
- Add milk, butter, sour cream, egg whites and vanilla to a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture until combined.
- Pour into parchment-lined pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut out circular pieces.
- Carefully slice the circular pieces in halves.
- Pipe buttercream and strawberry to assemble.
Brush strawberries with some jam to preserve color if not serving immediately.