There are so many modifications you can make to this dish, here are a few. Using wild or black rice will add a lot of texture, you can top with breadcrumbs and grated parmesan, add some caramelized inions and deglaze the pan with a splash of wine or brandy, add mushrooms (a favorite of mine but a deal-breaker for some…) Let me know what additions you end up making and hope you enjoy!
If you’ve tried these stuffed tomatoes and peppers then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppers
The perfect appetizer for a table of guests!
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can 14 ounces tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds slivered
- 1 cup brown rice cooked before
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 4 medium green bell peppers halved lengthwise, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tomatoes halved, cleaned out
- Preheat 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together spices and sea salt.
- In a medium sized pan, cook ground turkey.
- Mix in spice mixture and tomato sauce with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in raisins and almond slivers.
- Add cooked rice and egg and mix together.
Cut tomatoes and peppers in half. Clean out insides. Lay out on a baking pan.
- Fill with meat mixture.
- Add water to the pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45, take out and add feta, bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!