This simple — yet delicious — vanilla cake is covered and filled with white chocolate buttercream. I’m surprised I haven’t made before! Shame on me. It is so easy to make. The taste and consistency is great, too! This was also my first time decorating a cake with “scales.” I loved the way it looked. It was also forgiving — on a technical level — so it was a win-win!
Tastes better than it looks!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1.3 TBS vanilla extract
- 3 sticks salted butter
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 12 ounces white chocolate melted with 1/4 cup cream and cooled.
- Food coloring if desired
- Melt the white chocolate and cream together at very low heat, set aside.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy, add the sugar a cup at a time and beat well. Drizzle in the white chocolate and beat until combined.
Separate the buttercream into 3 equal batches and color two of the batches with pink food coloring in different shades for the ombré.
Butter and flour 3 six-inch cake pans. Preheat oven to 350F
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined.
Divide the mixture into 3 6″ cake pans that have been buttered and floured.
- Bake at 340 for about 25-30 minutes or until the centers are springy to the touch.
Pipe the petals using large round tip.
For the cake:
1 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup almond flour
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon baking powder
1.3 tablespoons vanilla extract
For the buttercream:
3 sticks salted butter
2 pounds powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
12 oz white chocolate melted with 1/4 cup cream and cooled.
Food coloring if desired.