I can always tell when a cookie is going to be good when I have to stop myself from eating too much of the raw dough ? If you are anti-candy cane I want to know what you would substitute it for!
- 1 1/4 cups softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 3/4 cup corn starch sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 cup white chocolate melted and cooled.
- ½ cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs one at a time. Scrape the bowl down and mix on low until homogenous.
- Add the sifted flour, sifted corn starch and salt in and mix on low for several minutes until the dough forms a ball and clings to the paddle.
- Divide the dough into two batches and roll out between two pieces of parchment paper to a thickness of about 1/4 an inch. Place in the freezer to chill for about 30 minutes or so then cut your shapes out. Place on a parchment paper or silpat-lined baking sheet and chill again for about 10 minutes.
- Bake on parchment paper for 5 minutes, rotate the tray and bake additional 3-6 minutes depending on the size, thickness and desired crispness.
- Melt and cool white chocolate. Dip cookies halfway.
- Sprinkle on crushed candy cane pieces.
- Let chocolate set and serve.