Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delectable double chocolate chip cookies, imbedded with chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts. These tasty bite size cookies are the perfect treat for all you chocolate lovers out there!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 24 Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups four
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; whisk together.
Stir dry mixture into the butter mixture until well blended.
Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- I used orange blossom water and LOVED the depth of flavor it gave the cookies but vanilla or a dash of espresso will work wonderfully!
- Add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar if you have a serious sweet tooth. Lots of cookies make me feel sick after a few bites as they are just so rich and sugary so I love these as is but some of you definitely want a sweeter treat!
- Use any of your favorite nuts for these cookies. I prefer pecans or walnuts but the world is your oyster here!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 75g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 2700IU | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 0.1mg