This luscious cornbread pudding, also known as spoonbread, will just blow your mind! Moist, creamy, salty-sweet with a kiss of spice from fresh jalapeños. It's a one bowl wonder that's nearly too good to be true.
- 1 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained 432g
- 1 15 ounce can cream-style corn 420g
- 8 oz sour cream 230g
- 8.5 oz dry corn muffin mix 240g
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 jalapeños de-seeded and finely diced add more if you love spice!
- 3/4 cup butter melted, 170g
- 2 eggs large
- 1 3/4 oz parmesan grated, 52.5g
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch casserole dish.
Beat two eggs in a bowl. Drain a 15oz can or whole kernel corn. Deseed and finely dice 2-4 jalapeños depending on how much spice you'd like.
Combine kernel corn, cream style corn, sour cream, melted butter, beaten eggs, corn muffin mix, jalapeños, and parmesan in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 80 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- You can mix this batter up a few hours ahead of time and pop into the oven when space frees up if it's a busy holiday bake day.
- This recipe begs to be modified, it's about foolproof so add in diced ham, spicier chilis, or more cheese if desired!
- Hate doing dishes? You can mix the whole thing in a baking dish. Just make sure to use a spatula to scrape the bottom down and ensure there aren't any unmixed pockets hanging around.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 1590kcal | Carbohydrates: 248g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 2690mg | Potassium: 1575mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 18250IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 4540mg | Iron: 1.3mg