Oven-Roasted Greek Chicken Breasts
Tender, juicy and flavor packed Greek Chicken made in a simple marinade and perfect served with your favorite salad greens and a lemony vinaigrette.
Servings 4 people
- 1 7-oz. container Greek yogurt 198g
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olive juice 79mL
- 1/3 cup water 79mL
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 tsp kosher salt 12g
- 2 tsp lemon zest 4g
- 2 tsp ground black pepper 12g
- ¼ tsp chile flakes 500mg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30mL
- 2 lemons halved
- Garnish: fresh oregano
In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, olive juice, and water until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic, salt, zest, pepper, and chile flakes.
Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag; add yogurt mixture. Seal bag, turning chicken to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375F. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large cast-iron skillet; heat over medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off. Place chicken in hot skillet; add lemons cut side down.
Cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes (lemons may brown more quickly).
Turn chicken and lemons over; transfer skillet to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve with lemons; garnish with fresh oregano.
- Let the chicken marinate for as long as possible ideally overnight
- Bring the chicken out of the fridge 10 minutes before cooking so it doesn't toughen up
- make sure your pan is extra hot before adding the chicken so it sears and the lemons get a nice char on them
- Remember to preheat your oven
- If you are unsure if the chicken is cooked use a meat thermometer
- Don't substitute fresh oregano with dried as it doesn't have the same flavor. If you can't find it use another fresh herb such as thyme
- Make sure to use high-quality meat for the best results and flavor
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 2.5g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3.4mg