How to make fresh and zingy shrimp ceviche! Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb. medium fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp kosher salt 18g
- 1 3/4 cups citrus juice 413g, from 1 orange, 2 lemons, and 6 to 8 limes, divided
- 1 cup diced fresh mango 2 mangoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh radish 116g
- ¼ cup minced red onion 40g
- 2 tbsp minced fresh Fresno or jalapeño pepper 42g
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt 3g
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro 25g
- ¼ cup pepitas 30g, toasted
- Tortilla chips to serve
Fill a medium bowl with ice and water. Fill a medium saucepan with water, and bring to a boil over high heat; add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and shrimp.
Cook shrimp 1 minute exactly, then drain and immediately place in ice water to stop the cooking process.
Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Half shrimp horizontally, or dice if desired.
Place shrimp in a medium bowl; pour over 1 ½ cups citrus juice to cover. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Drain citrus juice from shrimp. Stir in mango, radish, onion, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine; taste and add additional salt, if desired.
Just before serving, top with avocado and stir in cilantro; top with toasted pepitas. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Don't marinate the shrimp for more than around 40 minutes or they will overcook and toughen.
- make sure to not blanch the shrimp for longer than a minute either to avoid overcooking.
- Use the highest quality shrimp possible for this recipe.
- I like to cut the shrimp in half horizontally for serving but you can also cut into small sized pieces.
- If you prefer you can cut the mango, radish, and onion to similar sized pieces for serving.
- No mango? Pineapple will also work well.
- Serve with tortillas chips for a fresh and delicious appetizer.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 5.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 40.4mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.6mg