Creamy and comforting Chicken Alfredo without the heavy cream, I've created a lighter version of your favorite classic dish and it's just as delicious Made with garlicky spinach for an extra flavor punch, tossed with fettuccini pasta and topped with grilled chicken.
Servings 4 servings
- 8 oz. dry pasta such as linguini or fettuccini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 9 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup 4% fat Greek yogurt such as Fage
- Grilled chicken to serve
Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add spinach, salt, pepper, and chile flakes; cook, stirring often, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add fontina and cream cheese; stir until smooth. Reduce heat to low; add pasta in batches, stirring to gently to combine, and adding pasta water a little at a time to thin sauce, if needed.
Remove from heat; stir in Greek yogurt. Top servings with sliced grilled chicken.
- You can grill chicken especially for this recipe or use leftover chicken that you need to use up.
- Use fresh garlic for best results garlic powder won't give you the fresh and bold flavor that this dish needs.
- I used reduced fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt to reduce fat and make this dish even lighter.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to avoid any lumps in your sauce.
- You can use any long pasta shape.
- I recommend serving this pasta immediately as the creamy sauce can dry out when left.
Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 1021mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6915IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 328mg | Iron: 3.2mg