This easy, delicious homemade guacamole is better than anything store-bought and totally addictive!
Servings 10 people
- 3 avocados large, ripe
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced.
- 1/2 cup cilantro fresh, chopped.
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced.
- 2 lime juiced.
- 3/4 tsp sea salt.
Halve and remove stem and seeds from jalapeño. Place skin side up and dice finely.
Finely dice red onion or shallot.
Mince garlic cloves.
Place jalapeño, onion, and garlic in a large bowl. Sprinkle salt, then squeeze lime juice over them. Toss and set aside.
Remove cilantro leaves from stem, and chop. Transfer to bowl.
Halve and CAREFULLY remove avocado pits. Use a knife to cut into the pit, twist and remove. Don't stab at it...
Scoop avocado from skin, dice, and transfer to bowl.
Mash mixture together. I used a potato masher but a fork will work too. Leave larger chunks if you enjoy some more texture in your guac.
Taste and add more salt and lime juice to taste if desired.
- Use fresh ingredients! Perfect guac is all about starting with great fresh avocados, limes etc.
- If you're making the guac ahead of time spritz a little extra lime on top and place plastic wrap on the top so no air is around to brown the dip.
- Taste your guac as you go, add salt, extra lime garlic jalapeño, etc at the end if needed.
- Marinating the onions and garlic with the lime juice as you work on the rest of the recipe takes the bite out and imparts a great more mellow flavor. You can reserve some of the marinated onion and add it back in at the end to taste if you're not the biggest fan.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.4mg