The BEST margarita from scratch, super smooth with the perfect balance of sweetness and zing, you've gotta try it!
Servings 2 drinks
- 1/2 cup tequila silver
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup orange liquor Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
For the Margarita
To make the simple syrup: add the sugar and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and chill. You can also buy pre-made simple syrup!
Add ice, tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and 1/3 cup of the simple syrup to a shaker and shake!
Strain and serve in salted glasses over ice. You can add more of the simple syrup for an extra kick/sweetness if desired.
Garnish with a wedge of lime
- Always use fresh lime juice
- This is a drink where every ingredient needs to shine through so use a better quality tequila and a nice orange liqueur like Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
- Scale the recipe up for a big pitcher perfect for a party.
- Check out my SPICY margarita recipe if you like some heat.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 35mg | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin C: 9.1mg