Chicken Salad Recipe
Creamy, filling, and flavorful, this homemade Chicken Salad is a classic comfort recipe that you'll love. It's so easy to make and is perfect for any occasion.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken (420g)
- 3 celery stalks chopped (65g)
- 2 green onions sliced (50g)
- 1 cup halved grapes 200g
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds 40g
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120g)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir until well combined. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Serve as a sandwich or over a salad.
- Make sure you cut everything into small, even pieces so that every bite you take has a little bit of everything.
- For convenience, pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and pull the meat off the bone. Or chop grilled chicken for a smoky twist on this easy salad.
- If you use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, remove the skin before cutting up the meat.
- You can change the nuts by swapping the slivered almonds for chopped pecans or walnuts.
- You can swap for diced red onions if you’re not a fan of green onions.
- It’s best to serve this salad when it’s cold, as refrigerating the salad helps all the flavors meld together. So, make sure you set aside time to let the mixture chill in the fridge before serving.
- Add basil, tarragon, chives, or other fresh herbs if you want more herby flavors.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg