Chicken Salad Recipe
This amazing chicken salad has the perfect balance of savory and sweet thanks to grapes, apple, green onion, crunchy celery and toasted almonds.
Servings 8 people
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup muscat grapes halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 green onions halved and chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup apple peeled and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 15mL
- 1 rotisserie chicken
Place almond slivers on a baking sheet and bake at 350F (177) for about 10 minutes. Mix on sheet at 5 minute mark for an even toasting.
Chop celery, halve grapes, halve and chop green onion, peel and chop apple. Transfer to a large bowl.
Separate tarragon and thyme leaves from stems then chop and add to bowl with grapes and celery.
Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper, and salt to your bowl toss and set aside.
Remove meat from rotisserie chicken, chop onto 1 inch pieces and fold into the mayo mixture.
Add the celery apple mixture to chicken and fold together.
Garnish with tarragon leaves and grape halves if desired.
- This salad can be made a day ahead and served chilled.
- The recipe calls for muscat grapes but red grapes work well too.
- Adding balsamic vinegar will create a darker color than you might expect from a classic chicken salad but the depth of flavor is amazing!
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.3mg