Shortbread Cookies Recipe
This simple and satisfying, melt in your mouth shortbread cookies recipe you'll quite likely find irresistible!
Servings 16 cookies
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter unsalted butter, at room temperature 142g
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 180g
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt optional
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and vanilla extract until creamed.
Add confectioners sugar and salt; mix until combined.
Scrape bowl down and add flour while beating on low. Scrape bowl once more and mix until combined.
Shape the dough into a rectangular prism, wrap in plastic and chill until firm. At least an hour.
Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Use a sharp knife to cut 1/2 inch thick slices
Place slices, spaced at least an inch apart onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Use a fork or skewer to indent a pattern onto the top.
Bake for about 10 minutes, rotating baking sheet in the oven halfway through.
Transfer to a wire sheet to cool.
- The cookie dough can be made well in advance. It keeps for about a week in the fridge and a month in the freezer. Make sure to wrap very well and allow to warm up just enough to cut.
- If your butter isn't room temp just cut the sticks into a few slices and microwave on 50% power in 5 second bursts. Flip the butter with every burst.
- Liven these up with your favorite toasted nuts and spices for extra crunch and flavor.
- The dots on the bottom can be in any pattern you's like so have fun trying different things out and by all means get the kids to help it you have little ones around.
Serving: 31g | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.3g | Protein: 1.6g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 13.6mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.4mg