Big Batch Instant Pot Brown Rice
Make brown rice in the Instant Pot perfectly every time. It allows you to prepare a
big batch that makes weeknight meal prep a breeze.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
In the insert of your InstantPot, stir together rice, water, salt, and olive oil.
Place top on InstantPot; twist to seal and lock. Turn Steam Release Valve to “sealing.”
Set InstantPot to cook at High Pressure for 22 minutes.
After cooking is complete, let pressure release naturally (approximately 12 minutes). After
that, manually release the pressure by turning the Steam Release Valve to “venting.”
Remove lid; fluff rice with a fork
Place a clean kitchen towel over insert, and close lid (without locking).
Let rice steam an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Fluff rice, and serve.
- -This recipe scales down easily; to make 4 servings, simply cut the recipe in half.
- -For a richer flavor, substitute low-sodium chicken broth for the water.
- -Measure the liquid carefully; too much water can make the finished rice gummy.
- -Stir in a handful of chopped soft fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill, basil, or chives at the end of cooking for extra flavor.
- -Use leftover rice to stuff bell peppers or to make fried rice.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.9mg