Easy Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
Tender and fluffy sweet potatoes are just minutes away, thanks to the magic of your InstantPot.
Be sure to check out our step by step photos and delicious topping suggestions above!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 3 to 4-oz. sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup water
Scrub potatoes under warm water to remove any residual dirt.
Pierce each potato several times with the tines of a fork.
Add 1 cup water to insert of InstantPot.
Place trivet inside insert; top with potatoes.
Place top on InstantPot; twist to seal and lock. Turn Steam Release Valve to “sealing.”
Set InstantPot to cook at High Pressure for 25 minutes.
After cooking is complete, let pressure release naturally, about 20 minutes.
Carefully remove cooked potatoes from InstantPot.
Top and serve as desired.
- To ensure even cooking, choose similiarly sized sweet potatoes. If your sweet potatoes are
- larger than 3 to 4 ounces, increase the cook time by a few minutes to compensate.
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly before cooking. The peels become incredibly tender in the Instant Pot, and are packed with fiber and nutrients.
- Be sure to pierce the potatoes with a fork before pressure cooking. This will help prevent the potatoes from exploding or rupturing during cooking.
- Since the potatoes cook in the most environment of the InstantPot, the outer skins will not be crispy after cooking. To get the skin crispier, pat them dry after cooking, spray with cooking spray, and broil in the oven on low until slightly crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16090IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.7mg