No Bake Cookies
Incredible no bake cookies made with chocolate and peanut butter. Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 32 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
Add the quick oats, and peanut butter into a medium bowl and set aside.
Place the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk in a medium pot on medium high heat. Stir together while cooking until mixture reaches a boil.
Allow to boil for exactly 60 seconds then immediately remove from heat and pour in the dry mixture, and vanilla.
Stir until fully incorporated then use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to drop heaps of the mixture onto parchment paper.
Allow to cool until set, about 20-30 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.
- Have all your ingredients set out before you start including the parchment paper you need for the cookies to set on.
- Set a timer when the mixture is boiling, cooking for too long makes dry cookies but if it's not cooked enough the mixture will not set properly.
- Once you combine all the ingredients together work quickly to scoop the cookies onto parchment paper or they will start to stiffen up.
- A cookie scoop will help you have even-sized and uniform cookies.
- You can place your parchment paper on a cold worktop or baking tray, whatever is easier for you.
- You can add a teaspoon to instant espresso for extra flavor.
- Butter is the only way to go here, do not use margarine or coconut oil.
- You can swap the peanut butter for any nut butter you like just make sure it's not too oily.
- You can add in chocolate chips, dried fruit, or shredded coconut if you like.
- You should see the cookies starting to set pretty quickly but they will take at least 20 minutes to set completely.
- You can double this recipe to make more cookies.
- Storage - the cookies will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week, refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg