This rich and moist pound cake has big notes of butter and vanilla. It's an easy to make cake that melts in your mouth and will bring a smile to your face.
Servings 12 slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter 226g, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 180g
- 1/2 cup sour cream 120mL
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9x5 inch baking tin.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder then set aside.
In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment cream the butter. Add sugar in and mix until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down and beat a few more seconds.
Add the eggs in one at a time while mixing ad medium speed. Scrape the bowl down and beat until fully incorporated.
Add the sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated. Scrape the bowl down.
Add the flour mixture in and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl down and use your spatula to mix in any pockets of flour or butter that remain.
Transfer batter into tin then give a quick smooth to even the batter out a bit. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the center is set and a skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Make sure the scrape that bowl down at each step. You really want everything incorporated properly.
- DON'T over-bake your pound cake. This will make a dry cake and toughen the texture.
- This recipe makes AMAZING muffins. Just butter and flour your muffin tin then bake for about 20-25 minutes. They will be VERY moist and a light golden color outside.
- I flavored my cake with vanilla but you can sub in whichever flavors you like. Fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, and rum are very popular but so is almond (just use 2 teaspoons instead.
- You can also add poppy seeds, shredded coconut, nuts, or dried fruit for extra flavor and texture.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 612IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg