This easy Classic French Toast Recipe makes a moist, tender on the inside, golden brown on the outside, DELICIOUS all over breakfast treat.
Servings 10 slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar 50g
- 3/4 cup milk 177mL
- 1/2 cup light cream 120mL
- 10 slices bread
If you're using a loaf, cut your bread into roughly half inch slices. Add a pat of butter onto your pan and place over medium heat.
In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and eggs. Add in the milk and cream, vanilla and cinnamon and whisk until completely combined.
Soak the first slice or two of bread in the custard and once it's absorbed a good amount flip over to soak the other side.
Carefully transfer the bread to your hot pan and cook until golden brown. Flip over and cook other side until golden. Serve warm.
- Use the right bread. For this recipe you'll want a rich, white bread. I use brioche but anything very milk in flavor like white or even potato bread will work well.
- Use a nice vanilla for this recipe. You're basically making a delicious custard to soak your bread in so make it as fragrant as possible.
- No Vanilla? Try adding in some bourbon or brandy for extra depth of flavor.
- Give your bread a nice soak, NO ONE likes dry French toast.
- BUTTER! You need to keep your pan nice and lubricated as you fry up the French toast slices. That first one always looks great but if you don't add more butter you get that paler toast with small black lines.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg