These DELICIOUS Oreo balls come together with no baking and only three ingredients! They'll make a great addition for your next cookie platter!
Servings 24 Balls
- 38 oreos One 14oz package
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup white candy melt Or chocolate
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate optional, for decorating
Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until only small crumbs remain. You can also smash by hand using a rolling pin or can. Just place in a sealable bag first.
Transfer Oreos to a mixing bowl and add the room temperature cream cheese then mix until combined. Use a spatula to scrape the bowl down and make sure there are no pockets of unmixed Oreos or cream cheese.
Use your clean palms to roll balls of the Oreo mixture. Each ball should be roughly an inch to an inch and a half in diameter or about 20 grams. Place balls on a large dish as you go.
Chill the balls for about an hour so they firm up.
In a small bowl melt the candy melt. You can use a vegetable oil to thin it out to a dipping consistency but make sure to really whisk the oil in if doing so.
Dip each ball in the candy melt using a skewer and place on a sheet or parchment paper to set. If you're decorating the tops with Oreo crumbs you need to sprinkle those on immediately as the shells will harden quite fast.
If you're decorating with a chocolate drizzle then melt a few tablespoons of chocolate in the microwave and drizzle with a spoon or use a piping bag with the tip snipped off.
- You don't need a food processor to make these! Place the Oreos in a plastic bag and crush with a can or rolling pin.
- If you forgot to leave your cream cheese out to warm up don't worry. Remove from packaging and microwave for 30 seconds at half power. If it's still firm then flip it over and do a 20 second burst at half power.
- If you don't want to bother with the dipping just skip that step. You can roll the balls in cocoa powder or more Oreo crumbs after forming and call it a day.
- Sometimes candy melts can be a bit thick then melted. if this happens to you just whisk in a teaspoon of vegetable oil at a time until it's reached dipping consistency.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg