The most decadent brownie I have had. It's topped with a thick marshmallowy layer and then drizzled with more chocolate.
Servings 12 brownies
For the Brownie:
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 1 cup brown sugar 200g, lightly packed
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder 75g
- 1 cup flour 120g
- 1 teaspoon salt 6g
- 1.5 cup dark chocolate chips 260g
- 1 cup melted butter 225g, unsalted
- 1 tbsp coffee 15mL
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract 15mL
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prep a 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee then mix together well.
Add the white and brown sugars to the mixture and whisk together well.
Sift cocoa powder, flour, and salt into the bowl and mix until just combined
Toss in chocolate chips (or chunks) and fold into the batter.
Add batter to pan and smooth to the edges. You can add more chocolate chips to the top before baking if desired.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until the center is just set. You'll notice the center does not wiggle when the pan is moved.
- If you don't have an eight by eight inch pan for your brownies just use foil to create one or two walls for a smaller baking dish. Line with parchment and you'll be good to go!
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to your brownies will take a way from that nice fudge-like texture. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don't have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Don't over-bake your brownies. Unlike cake layers brownies will not have springy center and a skewer inserted into the center will not come out clean. Your brownies are done when the center is set and you see the top just begin to crack.
- Add toasted nuts, crushed candy cane, toffee, or even candy like M&Ms to your brownies for an extra kick of flavor.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13.7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2.8mg