These rich, fudgy brownie cookies are a chocolate-lover's dream and mix up in one bowl and just a few minutes!
Servings 24 Cookies
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 80g
- 1/2 tsp salt 3g
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113g, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 60g
- 1 tbsp coffee 15mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed, 100g
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 70g
Set oven to 350F (177C). Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl then set aside.
Mix the cocoa powder into the melted butter then add the hot coffee and beat in the egg. add both sugars and mix until well combined.
Add the flour mixture then miix until almost combined then fold in the chocolate chips.
Portion out roughly two tablespoon-sized portions of the cookie dough and give them a quick roll with the palms of your clean hands then place two inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350F for about 8 minutes or until the edges are set and the tops have a slightly crackled appearance.
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don't have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Use a higher quality cocoa powder for a better tasting cookie. I prefer a dutch cocoa powder but you can find blends or use a natural cocoa powder if that's a taste you prefer.
- Really mix that butter cocoa, egg combination for a few minutes, it helps the cookies have that nice "brownie" character.
- These cookies are great with toasted pecans or walnuts mixer into the batter; try adding 1/2 cup.
- Your cookies will not be fully baked and set when you take them of of the oven but will firm up as they cool down.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg