This moist pumpkin bread is pillowy soft, perfectly spiced and totally easy too!
Servings 12 slices
9x5 inch loaf pan
2 mixing bowls
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 210g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar 100g
- 2/3 cup white sugar 132g
- 1/4 cup whole milk 60mL
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree 300g
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 120mL
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 5mL
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9x5 inch loaf pan by lining with parchment paper or butter and flour it.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl then whisk together and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine the oil, sugars and eggs then mix well. Add the pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla. Whisk again until combined.
Pour the wet mixture into the the dry and mix until just combined.
Pour batter into your prepared 9x5 inch pan.
Bake for about an hour at 350F. You can cover with foil halfway through baking to protect the top from browning. You'll know the pumpkin bread is done when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean and the center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don't have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- This chocolate pumpkin bread lasts for a week in the refrigerator. It's best if warmed or brought to room temperature before serving.
- If you prefer not to use eggs then mix 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and set aside for a few minutes. Mix in with the oil in place of eggs. You could also add one whole ripe banana mashed up as an egg substitute in this recipe.
- Don't use canned pumpkin pie filling for this recipe, just the 100% pumpkin puree.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4284IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg