This easy, delicious apple cider will fill your house with the smells of fall and is the perfect drink for a chilly day.
Servings 10 cups
- 1 orange
- 10 apples Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, gala, and Braeburn are all great.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 cups water or enough to cover your apples.
Wash the orange and apples. Use a sharp knife to cut a few strips of orange peel off; just the orange skin not the white pith. Peel the orange then cut into pieces. Quarter the apples.
Add the apples and orange along with two strips of orange skin into the slow cooker, sprinkle the brown sugar an add the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves then cover with water.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Your cider is done cooking when the apples are completely soft.
Use a potato masher or large spoon to mash the apples and orange then strain by pressing agains a mesh sieve or by using a cheesecloth. Enjoy warm or chilled.
- Finish sweetening your apple cider after it's been cooked and filtered. you can use more brown sugar, honey, maple syrup or regular granulated sugar.
- No need to peel your apples, the skin will not make a difference and you'll save time.
- This recipe can be dressed up with some fresh ginger or other spices you enjoy like nutmeg, cardamom, and even a bit of pepper.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg