These pillowy soft pumpkin muffins have a perfect combination of fall spices with just the right touch of sweetness.
Servings 12 Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 180g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup white sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup whole milk 60mL
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree 280g
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 120mL
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 5mL
Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices to a large bowl then whisk together until combined and set aside.
Add the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, granulated and brown sugars to a large bowl then whisk together. Add in the pumpkin puree and mix once more until smooth.
Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just combined.
Transfer the batter to your lined muffin tin filling each paper about 3/4 the way up.
Bake at 425F for 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 15 min or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don't have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- This pumpkin bread lasts for a week in the refrigerator. It’s best if warmed or brought to room temperature before serving.
- Don’t use canned pumpkin pie filling for this recipe, just the 100% pumpkin puree.
- Try adding the streusel topping from my blueberry muffin recipe, you'll love the crunchy, perfectly sweet finish it adds.
- If you want to use pumpkin spice for this recipe it will still taste great. Skip the other spices and use 2 1/2 teaspoons of it.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 4020IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg