A delicious dessert bar that whips up in just a few minutes with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Servings 15 pieces
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup 240mL
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz butterscotch chips
Prepare an 9x13 inch baking dish either by lining with parchment paper or with a light coating of butter.
Combine the corn syrup and sugar to a large pot and place over medium heat stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat once the mixture comes to a boil then stir in peanut butter, mixing until incorporated.
Add the rice Krispies to the mixture and fold in until thoroughly coated then transfer to your baking dish. Use a spoon or spatula to spread out and smooth.
Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips to a heatproof bowl either over a pot of simmering water or in 40 second bursts in a microwave, stirring after each burst.
Spread the chocolate mixture over the base and smooth out. Allow chocolate to set before cutting.
- One thing to mind is the corn syrup/sugar mixture, just remove from heat as soon as it starts boiling. Don't let it boil for long, or the bars will be very hard.
- Work quickly, the mixture will cool down and set pretty fast.
- Don't burn the chocolate! Either use a double boiler or short spurts in the microwave.
- You can add a tablespoon of butter, coconut oil or shortening to the chocolate and butterscotch chips to help them melt smoothly.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 762IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 4mg