Tender, delicious crepes are such a pleasure to eat and easier to make than you think!
Servings 8 crepes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled plus more for the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 120g
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk 180mL
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add the ingredients you your lender and pulse about 10 seconds or until smooth then pour into a bowl, cover with plastic and chill for at least an hour or up to a day.
Melt 3-4 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl then warm your pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot brush with butter then pour about 1/4 cup of batter in the center. Immediately use a tool or tilt the pan to spread out. Cook for 30-60 seconds or until the top looses its shine then flip using a crepe or offset spatula and cook another 30 seconds. Brush with butter before each new crepe is poured.
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don't have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Let your batter rest! I usually make the batter a day ahead then let it hand out in the fridge so I can make my crepes in the morning with less hassle.
- It's important for your pan to be nice and hot but not scorching. Once the batter goes in you need to move quickly so spread the crepe out either with a tool or by tilting the pan as soon as possible
- Your first crepe will probably not be pretty, that's ok! just keep going and make sure to brush with butter as you go.
- Cover the crepes and warm in the oven or microwave before serving/ assembling.
- Have fun with toppings and fillings, you can use anything from Nuttella and toasted nuts to fresh fruit, jam berries and even savory fillings.
Serving: 1crepe | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg