Peanut butter bars
Rich, creamy and delicious Peanut Butter Bars topped with a thick layer of chocolate! Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 12 bars
For the Base:
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled (210g)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (300g)
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar (210g)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (240g)
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips (280g)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (65g)
Line a 8x8 or 9x9 dish with parchment paper or foil.
Crush graham crackers in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin or blitz using a food processor.
Melt butter in a large bowl add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
Beat in powdered sugar then fold in the crumbs. Transfer to lined dish and smooth.
Melt chocolate and peanut butter, pour over the peanut butter base, smooth then chill for at least 90 minutes.
Cut into bars and enjoy.
- You'll need to use an 8x8 or 9x9 square dish for nice thick bars.
- Make sure to line your baking pan or square dish with parchment paper so you can easily remove the bars after chilling.
- Make sure to use creamy peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy. Oily peanut butter may stop the base from setting and will change the texture.
- Use a hand whisk to incorporate the butter and peanut butter so you avoid any lumps.
- You can use the stovetop or microwave to melt the chocolate. If using a stovetop do this in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- The peanut butter gives the chocolate a creamier texture once set. This really helps when cutting the bars so the chocolate doesn't crack.
- Make sure to let the bars chill in the fridge for at least 90 minutes before serving. Alternatively, you can make them the night before and let them chill overnight.
- To cut the bars use a sharp or serrated knife.
- Will keep well in the fridge for 5-7 days or can be frozen.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 488IU | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg