Sugar Cookie Icing
How to make beautiful Sugar Cookie Icing! Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 1 batch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- food coloring
Sift sugar then mix in the corn syrup and extract.
Add milk 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Add food coloring a little at a time until you reach your desired color.
- Follow my very best sugar cookie recipe to bake your cookies in any shape you like, they hold their shape beautifully once baked.
- Make sure your sugar cookies are extra cold before icing, if they are warm the icing will just melt. I recommend placing the baked cookies in the fridge until they are extra cold.
- When you're ready to decorate set out bowls full of your favorite sprinkles and different colors of icing to make it easy to decorate your cookies.
- Don't worry about the sugar cookie icing in bowls there will be too much of it to harden. If a slight skin forms just give it a mix to break it back up!
- The icing can take up to 24 hours to set completely hard so try not to stack them on top of each other too soon.
- Once the icing has hardened you can stack them to take to parties or store them in cookie tins.
- Try not to add in too much extract or the flavor of the icing will overpower the sugar cookies, I find that 1/4 teaspoon is enough.
- To ice the cookies use squeeze bottles or cut a very small incision into a plastic piping bag. I find that squeeze bottles are much easier to use!
- Nutritional information is for the whole batch of icing.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 136g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 21mg | Sugar: 134g | Calcium: 17mg