A super refreshing Tom Collins cocktail made with fresh lemon and gin. Don't forget to check out my step by step photos, tips and variations above.
Servings 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice fresh
- Soda water
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then pour in lemon juice, gin and simple syrup. SHake well until very cold.
Pour the gin mixture into a highball glass filled with ice.
Top off with soda water and garnish with a lemon slice and cherry.
- Don't worry if you don't have bottled simple syrup just bring equal amounts of granulated sugar and water to a boil until the sugar dissolves then leave to cool completely.
- Although a lot of recipes use club soda I find that there is enough sweetness in the simple syrup. You can definitely use club soda or even tonic water if you prefer though.
- To adjust the sweetness you can add more or less simple syrup.
- A tall glass is best for this filled with ice.
- Make sure to use fresh lemon juice please don't use bottled stuff I'll ruin your cocktail.
- You should be able to buy Maraschino cherries in jars in most supermarkets.
- If you feel like experimenting you can play with different flavored simple syrup (berry, citrus, or floral) or add in some herbs such as rosemary, thyme, or mint.
- Why not add in some sliced strawberries or blueberries, it looks really impressive when serving it to guests.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg