How to make a fresh and delicious Mango Salsa for serving with chips and more! Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 8 - 10 servings
- 1 Bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 ripe mangoes diced about 3 cups
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled and diced (one cup)
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded and diced add to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice about one lime
- Salt to taste
To cut a mango easily and safely first cut a fine slice off the bottom so the mango can stand without wobbling. Next, cut down each of the widest sides of the mango, make sure you start slightly off-center where the pith is and cut all the way down. If you are stopped at any of the hard pith turn your knife outwards to cut around it.
Cut a grid on each cut side of the mango by applying enough pressure to cut down to the skin but not right through it. Push the skin inside out so you have cubes of fresh mango sticking out and cut them off with a knife or scoop them out with a spoon. You can also trim any extra mango flesh from the middle piece to make sure there's no waste.
Finely chop the bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno peppers and cilantro and add to a large mixing bowl with the cut mango.
Squeeze over the lime juice and season with salt, mix everything together taste and add more seasoning if required, serve.
- Try to dice everything to a similar size so you get everything in one bite.
- Use good quality ingredients (in season) for the best flavor.
- Taste the salsa to see if it requires more seasoning before serving.
- If possible make the salsa 1-2 hours in advance so the flavors really get a chance to meld together.
- Although I recommend using lime juice because it's such a classic salsa ingredient you could also use lemon or orange instead.
- If you're not a fan of cilantro you can use fresh parsley instead.
- If you don't have ripe mangoes you could swape it for ripe peaches instead.
- Make sure to keep the salsa refrigerated until you are ready to serve it.
- The salsa will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1396IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg