Easy and delicous Banan Pancakes, perfect for breakfast or brunch! Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 8 pancakes
- 1 cup All-Purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter plus more for the pan
- 2 bananas very ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl then set aside.
Mash the bananas in a separate bowl leaving some chunks for texture then whisk in the melter butter, vanilla, egg, and milk.
Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just combined.
Place a large pan or griddle over medium heat and melt a dot of butter or some oil. Add about a third of a cup of batter to the pan and cook until golden on both sides. The underside will take about two minutes to cook, once golden and you see little holes on top, flip and cook for an additional minute or until golden.
Repeat the process for the remaining batter and serve warm with fruit, maple syrup or powdered sugar.
- Ripe bananas (those with brown spots) will give you a sweeter flavor.
- Use 1/3 cup measure for even-sized pancakes.
- Make sure your baking powder hasn't expired or the pancakes won't rise as much.
- You'll know the pancakes are ready to flip when you see tiny holes appear on the surface.
- Keep greasing your skillet with butter for each new batch of pancakes or they will be too dry and burn.
- You can also grease your skillet with a small amount of oil such as vegetable oil or coconut oil instead of butter.
- I love to top my pancakes with maple syrup and extra slices of bananas but our topping options are endless why not try; fresh berries, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar, or crispy bacon.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more pancakes.
- Storage - the pancakes will keep well for up to 3 days in the fridge or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 229IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg