A moist, slightly sweet zucchini bread with a touch of maple. Perfect for an anytime snack.
Servings 12 slices
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 240g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 6g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 4g
- 1 teaspoon salt 5g
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 200g
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup apple sauce 120mL
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 120mL
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini grated, 250g
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 Inch loaf pan with parchment paper or butter and flour It.
Shred two cups of zucchini and set aside. Toast the walnuts and give them a rough chop.
Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice to a large bowl then whisk together to combing and set aside. I always sift my dry ingredients but it is not a must do for this recipe.
Beat eggs, and both sugars in a bowl until lighter in color and have a thicker consistency. Add the apple sauce, oil, and vanilla then miix to combine.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry then stir until almost combined. Add the walnuts and zucchini fold in until distributed.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350F for one hour or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. If you oven runs a bit cool bake at 375 for 10 minutes then lower to 350F for the remaining 50 minutes or so.
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don't have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- You can totally add chocolate chips to this recipe. I would recommend one cup if that's something you'd like to try.
- This zucchini bread is ULTRA moist so be sure to give it the time it needs in the oven. After an hour baking do a check in the center using a skewer. If it does not come out clean go another ten minutes.
- I love allspice in this bread but you can use just the cinnamon or add your favorites like cardamom, ginger or nutmeg.
- Try not to eyeball the zucchini, two cups is plenty. If you want to add more then skip the applesauce.
Serving: 102g | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg